Search Community

Can't import ScrambleTextPlugin

Tom_17892 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

When I try to import the ScrambleTextPlugin, it can't be found. I installed the Greensock package with NPM in my Angular 2 poject, but I don't see any files for the ScrambleText plugin...

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the fast reply Dipscom! I've tried the method like OSUblake desribed:

import * as Draggable from "gsap/Draggable";

And for the draggable plugin it works just fine, but the ScrambleTextPlugin can't be found. If I search in the package I can see the draggable plugins and all, but ScrambleTextPlugin. Was this plugin deleted from the package?

Also the "MorphSVGPlugin" is not available, maybe I am doing something wrong..

• 10 months later...

And how to import it if we are member and we have those files

I use TweenMax from npm

```
import {TweenMax, Expo} from 'gsap'

import ScrollToPlugin from 'gsap/src/uncompressed/plugins/ScrollToPlugin';
```

and I added pro plugins in a folder

```
import 'src/vendors/gsap/SplitText';
// I am able to use splitText
```

But this specific plugin doesn't work

I've tried
```
import 'src/vendors/gsap/ScrambleTextPlugin';
import ScrambleTextPlugin from 'src/vendors/gsap/ScrambleTextPlugin';
import * as ScrambleTextPlugin 'src/vendors/gsap/ScrambleTextPlugin';
```

(but if i add the script directly in the `<head>` that will work)
`<script src="/static/ScrambleTextPlugin.js"></script>`

Well, we're close to releasing 1.20.5 which will make this even easier but for now I think the best way to do this would be to use the files from the "bonus-files-for-npm-users" that's in the zip download. That has all the bonus stuff with dependencies that point to the "gsap" that's in the node_modules (typically). So it should be relatively simple. It looks like you were just using a set of files that aren't optimal for your setup (the ones in /src/uncompressed/). 

Of course it's totally fine to use a <script> tag instead. In many ways, that might even be the cleanest solution, especially for the main files since they're so widely cached from the CDN. 

(curious - I can't seem to find any Club GreenSock memberships associated with your account; do you mind me asking how you got the bonus plugins? Are you perhaps registered under a different account?)

• Like 2