Search Community

Port to other languages?

andyli test
Moderator Tag

Thank you, Jack, for creating such a powerful tweening library. I think I can't live without using TweenLite/TweenMax... :P

For some reasons I am try switching from Flash to haXe, Processing(Java) and OpenFrameworks(C++) for some projects. But those platforms do not have a real complete tweening library as TweenLite/TweenMax. For haXe and OpenFrameworks, there is Tweener port. For Processing, shapetween. But I can imagine having TweenLite/TweenMax in those platform, life would be much easier. :)

Oh, a JS port should be a good target too!

Ha ha. Yeah, I've thought about it. Maybe it'll happen at some point, but I want to serve the ActionScript community really well right now. The tool has grown into a more and more mature platform so maybe I will pursue Javascript or other ports eventually. I sure appreciate the encouragement. And if anyone out there wants to volunteer to do the porting, feel free to contact me.

One of the biggest concerns I've got is to make sure it's RELIABLE, so I'm not interested in just having any developer port it because if/when it blows up with errors in another language, I don't want that negativity associated with the GreenSock brand.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.