Search Community

Official documentation on using GSAP with CommonJS / ES6

EmpireJones test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Does GSAP not officially support CommonJS/ES6 at the current time (July 2016)? I've seen various posts on hacks to get this to work, but I was hoping that there is a clean/official way of supporting it at this time.

For example, I'm able to import TweenMax via:

import { TweenMax } from 'gsap';

How do I import something like Linear for easing?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

Unfortunately I haven't used GSAP with CommonJS/ES6, only ES5 through Browserify and NodeJS, but (and please correct me if I'm wrong) as far as I know importing modules in ES6 work in a similar fashion. Also you report that importing the TweenMax class is working for you. Question, are you able to create animations using the constructor?:

TweenMax.to(el, 1, {x:100, y:100});

Finally in order to import the easing functions, they are already present in the TweenMax file. Check the first paragraph in the docs:

http://greensock.com/docs/#/HTML5/Animation/TweenMax/

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

As of 1.19.0, you should be able to do exactly what you were requesting. Any of the classes that are inside TweenMax will get exported by that default file, thus you can do: 

import {TweenMax, Linear, TimelineLite, Elastic} from "gsap";

Again, please make sure you've got 1.19.0. 

• Like 2