Search Community

roundProps

blase test
Moderator Tag

Yep, roundProps can be used to snap x/y coordinates to whole pixels, but you can use it for more than that if you want. It's for any values that should be snapped to whole numbers.

TweenMax.to(mc, 2, {x:200, y:100, roundProps:["x", "y"]}); //x and y get rounded every time they're updated

TweenMax.to(customObject, 2, {customProperty:300, roundProps:["customProperty"]}); //customObject.customProperty gets rounded every time it's updated.

Nope, that's completely different. Your code would just make sure that the END values are rounded downwards, but when you use the roundProps special property, it ensures that at every point during the tween (every time it renders), the values are rounded before being applied to your object. That way, it would always be placed on whole pixels all along the way.

Make sense?

• 3 years later...
TweenMax.to(container, speed, {bezier:[{y:middle.y},{scaleX:1, scaleY:1,y:middle.y},{scaleX:1, scaleY:1,y:middle.y},{y:end.y,x:end.x, scaleX:.6,scaleY:.6}], startAt:{x:start.x, y:start.y, scaleX:.6,scaleY:.6, alpha:1}, endAt:{scaleX:.2, scaleY:.2, alpha:0}, roundProps:["y", "x"], ease:Sine.easeInOut, repeat:-1, delay:delay});

I have this code that I am using I want the X and Y positions to be constrained to int but the scale needs to be a number. This code seems to round all props. Am I doing something wrong?

Hmm...what's that "endAt" for? That's not a supported special property (unless my memory is failing me) :) 

Also, for bezier tweening, every object in the array must contain the same properties. It looks like your first one only has a "y" property but the others have "scaleX" and "scaleY" and one even has "x". 

Are you using v12? If so, you can now simplify the roundProps to roundProps:"x,y" instead of roundProps:["x","y"], although the format you used should still work fine. I think the problem is likely in your bezier values and the fact that you don't have consistency.