Search Community

firefox not loading gsap anywhere!

doodiewiz test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

I came across a weird problem today. A client got back saying a banner wasn't animating using GSAP. And indeed it was not. Was generating the error message TimelineLite or TimelineMax is not defined.

I was baffeled, so went some websites like for instance this www.tvguide.co.uk and there is an error message sayign the same thing on a sky ad there. It is not even working on sites like theguardian.co.uk. Can someone else check this for me please and confirm if GSAP is suddenly not working with firefox or tell me what they believe may be happening....

Thanks!

Hello, doodiewiz

When i go to the tvguide.co.uk website I do not see any errors that have to do with GSAP. I do see some jQuery warnings though!

Also i do not even see GSAP being loaded on the page.

What is the version of GSAP you are using?

What does the GSAP script look like?

Are you using the latest 1.18.* of TweenMax.min.js?

Any additional info would be helpful so we can find out what your experiencing, Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for looking. Yep 2 sky adverts on that page are using gsap and I get the following error message:

ReferenceError: TimelineLite is not defined

I am getting this on any website with banner ads. I'm using firefox v 45.01.

I'm importing GSAP in my JS as so:

<script src="https://cdn.flashtalking.com/frameworks/js/gsap/1.17.0/TweenLite.min.js"></script>
<script src="https://cdn.flashtalking.com/frameworks/js/gsap/1.17.0/TimelineMax.min.js"></script>  

A really strange problem as someone else in my office is having no problems with my ads and ads on the internet in firefox, but me and the client are....

I saw the same thing as Jonathan - no GSAP-related errors at all. I can't imagine GSAP would suddenly stop working in Firefox across the board. I wonder if maybe you've got some sort of odd extension installed in your browser that's causing issues (although I guess that wouldn't explain why your client had the problem too unless they've got the same extension installed). Perhaps there's an ISP or DNS issue going on in your region that's affecting the CDN from which the GSAP file is loading? 

• Like 1

Hi Carl,

the only ads that work from that list are the 1st link and the link for the IBM ad with the kaldeioscope effect. All other links varioiusly thrown errors such as:

ReferenceError: TweenMax is not defined

ReferenceError: Power4 is not defined
ReferenceError: TweenLite is not defined

ReferenceError: CSSPlugin is not defined

Could I email you a link to the ad? As of course we have NDAs here...

Thank you :)

Hello Carl,

I've just figured out what was happening. Very confusing, but i had the date changed on my system to a date in the future as I had date sensitive info inside the ad. As soon as i changed the system date back to "set date automaticaly" everything is now working again - i'm on a mac by the way. And of course the client was having the same problem as they would also be testing the date functionality out.

It isn't just my ads or the ads you posted by the way. If you change the date on yoru computer to a custom date half the sites on the internet on firefox don't seem to be working! Interested to see if you get the same problem....

• Like 3