Search Community

Motion blur bug? [SOLVED]

potey77 test
Moderator Tag

Apologies if this has been addressed before. I did a quick search of the forums but couldn't find a duplicate issue.

I really like the motion blur feature of V11 and I know it's still in beta but I wondered why this "flickering" is affecting the tween in the website I'm building for our company. Here's the site:

http://www.picto.co.uk/pictostudios/

It's still work in progress but there is a menu that activates on the right on roll over. The menu and the scrolling thumbnails have the motionblur set to true, but occasionally in flickers and more importantly the object sometimes disappears. I'm guessing the visible prop is getting set to false although I haven't tested it yet?

Any help on this would be most appreciated!

I can't seem to see anything at that URL (just a black screen). Are you SURE you downloaded the latest version and updated ALL your classes? The fix required a rework of the whole overwriting system of the platform. Is there any chance you could send me an example FLA (as simple as possible please - only necessary code to reproduce the issue)? I cannot seem to break it on my end.

Jack,

Sorry for the late reply.

The URL should work, altough you won't see a great deal until you mouse over the feint box on the left hand side.

Anyway, here is a link to a working fla. I wasn't allowed to attach an fla directly to this post.

http://www.picto.co.uk/MotionBlurBug.fla

The bug still occcurs. I'm 99% sure I'm using all the correct TweenLite classes as this is the first time I've updated since you changed the package names and I've deleted the old .gs packages.

It must be something to do with the MOUSE_MOVE event?

Similar thing happens to me, i set up something as simple as TweenLite.to(mc, 2, {x:102, y:250, motionBlur:true, ease:Cubic.easeInOut}); and as soon as the motin blur starts to show up, the clip disappears. I've downloaded the sources this morning. What i found is that if i add alpha:1 to the parameters, it works perfectly, like this:

TweenLite.to(mc, 2, {x:102, y:250, motionBlur:true, ease:Cubic.easeInOut, alpha:1});

I also downloaded your fla, potey, and adding alpha:1 to the tween inside the scrollThumbs function makes it work too.

I'm working with the CS4 IDE, publishing in FP10, in case that helps somehow.

Similar thing happens to me, i set up something as simple as TweenLite.to(mc, 2, {x:102, y:250, motionBlur:true, ease:Cubic.easeInOut}); and as soon as the motin blur starts to show up, the clip disappears. I've downloaded the sources this morning. What i found is that if i add alpha:1 to the parameters, it works perfectly, like this:

TweenLite.to(mc, 2, {x:102, y:250, motionBlur:true, ease:Cubic.easeInOut, alpha:1});

I also downloaded your fla, potey, and adding alpha:1 to the tween inside the scrollThumbs function makes it work too.

I'm working with the CS4 IDE, publishing in FP10, in case that helps somehow.

Spot on Xpazeman, yes adding the alpha property tween with a value of 1 does indeed solve the problem. I'll just rework my code a little to integrate this until Jack can get round to a proper fix, I'm sure he must be a very busy man!

Hi Jack,

All sorted, you're a legend. Works beautifully with the latest version.

And what's with the apology?! Absolutely no need for it, the speed and diligence with which you respond to these forums is amazing, quite frankly! How you manage to fit a vacation in is beyond me...

Cheeers

Tim (London, UK)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Jack,

All sorted, you're a legend. Works beautifully with the latest version.

And what's with the apology?! Absolutely no need for it, the speed and diligence with which you respond to these forums is amazing, quite frankly! How you manage to fit a vacation in is beyond me...

Cheeers

Tim (London, UK)

I totally agree!

Thanks to you and the forum's search function, my problem is fixed now.

Best.

Jk_