Search Community

maintaining velocity from previous tween. timelinemax

boy2k test
Moderator Tag

Hi guys,

i have a (non user interactive) racing game and i am using timelinemax to build each of the racers animation paths.

I would like to know if its possible to have the following tween start or end off at the velocity that the previous one ended with? That way i could ease in and out without the position starting with a speed of 0. Each tween has a set time and distance value.

Is this possible?

If i haven't explained myself well enough i can supply an example to illustrate.

Yes, that's EXACTLY what ThrowPropsPlugin is for. It can even track the velocity for you (for any property of any object) and then you just tell it how long you want it to take to decelerate to a stop, and you can even seta specific end position or max/min values and it'll handle doing it all smoothly. Heck, you can even define "snap-to" notches if you want. 

And for the record, this is all in the new version of ThrowPropsPlugin that was released yesterday. It is a membership benefit for Club GreenSock ("Shockingly Green" and "Business Green" levels). http://www.greensock.com/club/. So it isn't in the public downloads. To get it, you just log into your GreenSock account and download it as a part of all the bonus stuff that comes with your membership. 

There are docs at http://api.greensock.com/as/com/greensock/plugins/ThrowPropsPlugin.html and a video for the older version at http://www.greensock.com/throwprops/ (the new version does everything the old one did plus more)

• Like 1

sweet :) haha although it now looks like i was a setup asking for the Brand New verison haha

I am indeed shockingly green so i will mosey over now and take a look :)

Once again greensock delivers!! 

• Like 1

Ok so i have prepared a very simple example of what i am trying to do. (see attached)

basically we have a race which is split into 5 segments. Each segment has to last an exact amount of time as it represents a % of the distance to cover. What i would like to do is have the racers start at a certain velocity and speed up towards the end of segment 1. Each subsequent tween would start at the velocity at the end of the previous tween and ease in or out from there. All the tweens need to be part of a timeline so i can replay them.

If you could give me a few pointers on how to achieve this with Throwprops it would be much appreciated :)

racers.zip

Ah, I must have misunderstood. ThrowPropsPlugin is for smoothly decelerating to a stop (any property). It's not for speeding things up or slowing them down to a specific (non-zero) velocity. 

I can't think of anything that'll do exactly what you're asking. Sorry.