Search Community

Help on frame 2

meylo test
Moderator Tag

Hey guys,

Maybe you can help me out here. I'm needing to move all my symbols to the second frame due to Media Mind's code need for ad clicktrough. See below.

timeline.jpg

I'm getting an error message that says:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
    at BBQsquareV3/init

I works fine when I have all my layer's symbols on frame 1 but not frame 2. Thoughts?

You are getting the error b/c you are trying to reference symbols that do not exist yet.  (they exist on frame 2 not frame 1).

Sorry - I dont understand why they need to live on frame 2 - but can just alpha everything to 0 on frame 1 - then bring them back on frame 2?

• Like 1

If you're familiar with MediaMind they host web banners. They ask you to add a few actions on the main timeline. Frame 1 is dedicated to the EBStd.Init(this); on a empty keyframe then they ask that you place all your symbols on frame two. 

Is there another work around beside alpha?

As long as your code that references the objects lives on frame 2 (the same as the objects themselves), you should be fine. I think rob_v_5712 is right about the problem being that you've got code trying to reference objects on frame 1 that don't exist. In other words, don't just move your objects to frame 2 - move your code too. 

• 1 year later...