Search Community

error: colourmatrixfilter and glowfilter on same object

doodledude test
Moderator Tag

Hi Jack,

I'm getting an intermittent error when applying colourmatrixfilter and glowfilter on same object.
if the error happens i can "dismiss" in flash[debug]player but the effect will never apply.

if I then close flashplayer and re-run often it works fine (not making any change in code)

any ideas?

heres the error message
-----
TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert flash.filters::GlowFilter@1084d72e1 to flash.filters.ColorMatrixFilter.
    at com.greensock.plugins::ColorMatrixFilterPlugin/_onInitTween()[/Active/_Flash/_AS3_v12/src/com/greensock/plugins/ColorMatrixFilterPlugin.as:94]
    at com.greensock::TweenLite/_initProps()[/Active/_Flash/_AS3_v12/src/com/greensock/TweenLite.as:587]
    at com.greensock::TweenLite/_init()[/Active/_Flash/_AS3_v12/src/com/greensock/TweenLite.as:545]
    at com.greensock::TweenMax/render()[/Active/_Flash/_AS3_v12/src/com/greensock/TweenMax.as:965]
    at com.greensock.core::SimpleTimeline/render()[/Active/_Flash/_AS3_v12/src/com/greensock/core/SimpleTimeline.as:166]
    at com.greensock.core::Animation$/_updateRoot()[/Active/_Flash/_AS3_v12/src/com/greensock/core/Animation.as:546]
-----

heres the code:

var mainTint:int = 0x99cc00;//green
var innerGlow:int = 0xacd100;
var outerGlow:int = 0xffffcc;
var bm:Bitmap = Bitmap(_gameGrid.purpleCardBitmaps[_dragCard.index]);
TweenMax.to(bm, 0.3, {
		colorMatrixFilter:{colorize:mainTint, amount:1, contrast:1, brightness:1.4, saturation:1, hue:0, index:0},
		glowFilter:{color:innerGlow, inner:true, alpha:0.8, blurX:40, blurY:40, index:1}
	});
TweenMax.to(bm, 0.3, {
		overwrite:false,
		glowFilter:{color:outerGlow, inner:false, alpha:0.6, blurX:15, blurY:15, index:2}
	});

thanks for your speedy reply.

found the problem (I think).

I've no doubt you are correct that the issue was in filterplugin.as, however you should check the swc.

I am using the latest version (just downloaded again to be absolutly sure - 12.0.10)

when I complile against the com folder verison there is no error and all works as expected.

when I complile using the swc the error still happens, so presumably the updated filterplugin.as is not correctly embeded into it.

thanks again