Search Community

cant figure the error message #1009 points to Loading

ngrinchenko test
Moderator Tag

I was working on my site at home lap top for a while, when came to work and loaded up the updated file. Suddenly I have an error and my SWF loader which perfectly worked before doesn't work anymore.

Here is the error message:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at com.greensock.loading.core::LoaderItem/_setRequestURL()[/users/ngrinchenko/Sites/development/stage three/com/greensock/loading/core/LoaderItem.as:73]

at com.greensock.loading.core::LoaderItem()[/users/ngrinchenko/Sites/development/stage three/com/greensock/loading/core/LoaderItem.as:58]

at com.greensock.loading.core::DisplayObjectLoader()[/users/ngrinchenko/Sites/development/stage three/com/greensock/loading/core/DisplayObjectLoader.as:57]

at com.greensock.loading::SWFLoader()[/users/ngrinchenko/Sites/development/stage three/com/greensock/loading/SWFLoader.as:340]

at acolyte51c_AppsPopUpsThumbs_fla::mainsite_mc_2/frame73()[acolyte51c_AppsPopUpsThumbs_fla.mainsite_mc_2::frame73:318]

at flash.display::MovieClip/gotoAndPlay()

at appimgCollage5F_1levelIn_fla::MainTimeline/LampLighter_PopUp()

I figure that I am missing a com folder somewhere in my work folders or in my work folders there is an old com folder and at home I have updated versions. Is it possible or it is something else?

Are you using the same version of the greensock files on your laptop and work computer?

I know you are loading a lot of external swfs. Are you sure you are using all the latest versions of these swfs?

I would start digging around here: acolyte51c_AppsPopUpsThumbs_fla.mainsite_mc_2::frame73:318

and

appimgCollage5F_1levelIn_fla::MainTimeline/LampLighter_PopUp()

and see if anything looks odd.

More often than not, the null object errors are due to errors in the user's code and not the greensock code. Those errors basically mean you are trying to perform and action on something that doesn't exist, most often you have a variable mis-typed or pointing to something that doesn't exist or is inaccessible.

I'm really not sure what could have changed from your laptop version to work version that would cause the error.