Search Community

Sync render and tween

moxol test
Moderator Tag

I have a big .mxml file (2,5 mb) which consists of Graphic (copied from FXG) that contains large number of Paths.

Because of complexity Flash needs a couple of seconds (depending on window size) to draw graphics.

I need to start TweenMax when Flash complete rendering and appearing on screen of that .mxml file.

I have added Event.RENDER event listener function to start TweenMax but it's out of sync, meaning that TweenMax always starts earlier then .mxml appears, for a couple of seconds.

I have tried to use some other Event, but RENDER is last one fired.

Best way that I have found out is to delay TweenMax, but that is not precise and I can't ever be sure how much to delay.

How to sync mxml appear and TweenMax start?

Let me make sure I understand this:

You are sure that the RENDER event is getting fired correctly (after your mxml graphics render) and yet you're creating a TweenMax in that event handler that somehow fires BEFORE the event fires? Or are you saying that the RENDER event fires too early? I'm not familiar with loading/displaying .fxg files or what events Flash dispatches for that sort of thing. Have you checked the Adobe docs?

Let me make sure I understand this:

You are sure that the RENDER event is getting fired correctly (after your mxml graphics render) and yet you're creating a TweenMax in that event handler that somehow fires BEFORE the event fires? Or are you saying that the RENDER event fires too early? I'm not familiar with loading/displaying .fxg files or what events Flash dispatches for that sort of thing. Have you checked the Adobe docs?

Event.RENDER is fired when Flash Player is about to render the screen.

After that Flash Player schedules screen render for frame (according to this http://www.senocular...erofoperations/

In RENDER event listener function I've started TweenMax.

Since Event.RENDER is just starting of rendering screen which will be actually rendered in couple of seconds, TweenMax is not sync with appearing of rendered screen, which I want.

Problem is that there is no Event.RENDERED so that I can start TweenMax when screen is rendered.

I am not sure how to solve this.