Search Community

the repeat property for StageVideos in VideoLoader doesn't work

wrench test
Moderator Tag

As the topic suggests, I'm trying to load a StageVideo via VideoLoader and setting a repeat property of -1 and when the video completes, it simply stops. Disabling the StageVideo and using the Video allows the repeat property to work (though it is a bit jerky).

Has anyone else been using VideoLoader with StageVideo and experienced the same thing.

I can kind of work around it listening for the netstreams NetStatusEvent's (NetStream.Play.Stop) but there's a black frame that appears between the repeats then and it's far from seamless.

Any assistance much appreciated.

I can't seem to replicate that issue - I've been watching a repeating VideoLoader that uses StageVideo for several minutes repeating multiple times and it seems to work flawlessly (on my PC). On my Mac, the repeat functionality seemed to lag a bit (maybe 1 second?), but that definitely appears to be some issue with Adobe's implementation in the player (I'm really not sure how to eliminate that). Frankly, the player seems flaky in terms of StageVideo. I'm not sure Adobe has worked out the kinks yet. Anyone else have any words of wisdom here?