Search Community

motion blur on text box

ekessler test
Moderator Tag

I am trying make a random word game that will look like it is a spinning slot machine. My first try at it I did it with the words in long movie clips and randomly moved them along the Y. I added the motion blur filter and it looked great.

This was my code:

TweenMax.to(prefixes_mc,1.5,{y:rand(1,7)*100-500, motionBlur:{strength:5, fastMode:true, padding:1},ease:Elastic.easeInOut});

Now I want to make the words load in a text box from a .txt file. What should I use to make the blur?

I tried this and it does not work:

TweenMax.to(mainText.text = loadedData[0][rand(0,2)]+" " + loadedData[1][rand(5,7)]+" " + loadedData[2][rand(0,loadedData[2].length)],1.5,{motionBlur:{strength:5, fastMode:true, padding:1},ease:Elastic.easeInOut});

Is this what the SlowMo ease is about?

Thanks,

Eliezer

The target of your tween should simply be the textfield you want blurred. You should be populating the text property of the textfield prior to creating the tween.

mainText.text = loadedData[0][rand(0,2)]+" " + loadedData[1][rand(5,7)]+" " + loadedData[2][rand(0,loadedData[2].length)]

TweenMax.to(mainText,1.5,{motionBlur:{strength:5, fastMode:true, padding:1},ease:Elastic.easeInOut});

The SlowMo ease can be used with blurFilter tweens but I don't know how it relates to your main question.

For more info on SlowMo Ease: http://www.snorkl.tv/2012/03/introducing-the-slowmo-ease-in-greensock-animation-platform-v12/

http://www.snorkl.tv/2012/04/slowmo-ease-with-yoyomode/