Search Community

Loaded SFW not displaying right? External Load/Liquid Stage

eldreams test
Moderator Tag

I have a external loader that loads my main SWF.

Within the external loader code I have:

Code:

var ls:LiquidStage = new LiquidStage(this.stage, 750, 550, 750, 150);

var area:LiquidArea = new LiquidArea(this, 0, 0, 750, 550, 0x151515);

area.pinCorners(ls.TOP_LEFT, ls.BOTTOM_RIGHT, false, 1);

ls.attach(mc_randomtext, ls.CENTER, false, true, 1);

mc_randomtext is my loader animation...

When the complete handler is triggered and the main SWF is loaded/transitioned in I'm having problems with the pictures in the main SWF.

Within the main SWF I also use LiquidStage:

Code:

var ls:LiquidStage = new LiquidStage(this.stage, 750, 550, 750, 150);

var area:LiquidArea = new LiquidArea(this, 0, 0, 750, 550, 0x151515);

area.pinCorners(ls.TOP_LEFT, ls.BOTTOM_RIGHT, false, 1);

area.attach(picx); //<-This picture isn't showing right (Not proportional inside).

I think the problem is "this" as I think it's referencing the external loader (swf).

When I fire off the main SWF without using the external loader the swf previews fine. Can someone please help?

I have disabled the preloader/external loader because I can't get it to display right/act right.

That sounds like maybe a security issue. Are you subloading from the same domain? If Flash flags a security issue, the subloaded content is forced to stay inside the Loader and Flash restricts its access to properties/variables/methods of the parent. That has nothing to do with LoaderMax, by the way - it's just how Flash works.

And you should always only have one instance of a LiquidStage for a particular stage. It looks like you're creating one in the parent and then a separate one in the child but they point to the same stage. I'd recommend having the child use the parent's LiquidStage instance.

If you're still having trouble, feel free to post a set of files that we can publish to see what's happening. No need to post your production files - just something simple that has only the necessary code to demonstrate the issue.