Search Community

VideoLoader FP11 Issue

sebastian test
Moderator Tag

Hello.

I do some preloading for my view within a Loadermax-sequence: A video should be loaded an the complete event fired, as soon as the video-buffer is full.

video = new VideoLoader(filePath, {autoAdjustBuffer:false, bufferTime:3, bufferMode:true, container:videoContainer, autoPlay:false});

loaderQueue.insert(video);

When loaded, I switch to normal loading mode, show the view and start the video afterwards:

video.bufferMode = false;

video.gotoVideoTime(0.01); //to show the first frame

TweenMax.to(view, .4, {onComplete: video.playVideo, alpha: 1})

Here is my problem:

Everything works fine in FlashPlayer 10, but in FP 11 the loading takes really long, and also an error appears (Error on VideoLoader 'video' (video.f4v): No metaData was received.)

But the video starts playing after this delay correctly, even with correct meta data. (The video is rendered with H.264 f4v)

What causes this delay and how can it be fixed? Thanks for your support.

Can you post a sample FLA (with support files) that we can publish on our end to clearly see this issue demonstrated? The simpler the better - no need to post your production files. Also, do you experience the same problem if you leave bufferMode false the whole time? And what if you increase the bufferTime to a greater value like 10? I'm not aware of any bugs like this, but maybe Adobe introduced a problem in FP11. It'd REALLY help to see sample files.

Thanks for your response.

You can find my source-code here: [removed link because it contained members-only plugins/code] (seems like the attachment is to large because of the video)

I don't want to change buffer mode to false the whole time, because I want do listen to the buffer-loaded event and not to the full-video-loaded event, to fade in and start the video as faster as possible.

Cheers. Sebastian

I tried your file and couldn't get it to throw errors or take a really long time - what do I need to do to see the issue?

Also...

1) Are you using the latest version of LoaderMax?

2) Have you tried using a longer bufferTime? 3 seconds is VERY short and Flash's NetStream can be a rather finicky class.

3) Have you tried re-encoding your video using different software? The error you mentioned sounds like it might be related to a video that wasn't encoded quite right.

4) Have you tried loading the file from a different server? Some problems can be caused by a faulty web server setup where it doesn't serve the video file to the browser/Flash properly.

5) Just curious - why did you set autoAdjustBuffer to false?

That's weird. Did you test it on a web server?

When I run the swf in Standalone Flashplayer higher than 10.1 (not only a FP 11 problem) the problem occurs any time, on my local web server almost every second time.

Anyway, I think it is number 2: When I increase the buffer time to 5, everything works properly. Strange, but NetStream ;)

I set the autoAdjustBuffer to false depending on the project. Sometimes I want to force playing as soon as there are enough bytes loaded to force display feedback.

Thanks for your help!