Search Community

tweening the starling framework

paolaccio test
Moderator Tag

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Jack.

I am sorry :)

I wrote "tweening platform" referencing your whole library, my fault.

My question is about LiquidStage / LiquidArea.... i haven't tried it anymore... but since, for example LiquidStage wants a flash.display.Stage parameter in his constructor i'm wondering isn't suitable with starling... maybe i am wrong?

Thank you again and sorry for the mistake

Thanks for clarifying. I'm really not sure if Starling has requirements that wouldn't work with LiquidStage - I haven't done any testing there yet, but I'd love to hear from anyone who has. Like I said, there's no doubt that the tweening platform works there, but LiquidStage works with DisplayObjects on the stage, so if Starling can't accommodate that, it very well may not work.

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

When I stumbled upon liquidstage - I got very excited! Then, I got sad when I read this forum post.  You're right - although Starling does share the same concepts of DisplayObjects like they exist on the stage, they are a totally different implementation, and thus it won't work.

Starling allows for Actionscript get amazing performance on mobile devices, and is becoming the defacto standard library to use for flash gaming because of this. If you can port it to work with Starling, there's a huge market there, especially with all the hundreds of different resolutions that game developers need to deal with on mobile devices. LiquidStage would make all that UI layout a breeze.

Mark