Search Community

VideoLoader not display video at flashplayer 9.0.124

jancassio test
Moderator Tag

Hello

I'm coding a simple site with I need play a some f4v videos, but when I use VideoLoader to preloads, the video not is displayed on screen, it's bug only in flashplayer 9, above this, the video is displayed normally.

Someone have an idea about this?

Hey

Yes I made what you said and is ok with flv format.

I made a isolated test with unique video and a very simple code to load the video, in my first test using the VideoLoader, the video is displayed correctly, but if I put the VideoLoader into LoaderMax, the property "rawContent" returns a black rectangle.

I have solved my problem, but I think is a good idea do report this "gotcha"

UPDATE: This error (black rect) occurs when the video is a f4v, when you use the "content" property of instance of VideoLoader, the video are displayed correclty

Thanks

Glad you solved your problem. I'm a little confused, though, about the black rectangle thing you mentioned. Can you post code (or better yet, an FLA) that demonstrates that issue? The rawContent refers to the actual Video object whereas the "content" refers to the ContentDisplay Sprite that contains that Video instance.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, sorry I take out for a few days and return today.

My fla is very very simple, just have this code and export to flashplayer 9

import com.greensock.loading.LoaderMax;
import com.greensock.loading.VideoLoader;
import com.greensock.events.LoaderEvent;

var l:LoaderMax;
l = new LoaderMax;
l.append( new VideoLoader("mock.flv", {name:"video"}));
l.load();
l.addEventListener(LoaderEvent.COMPLETE, onLoadComplete);

function onLoadComplete(event:LoaderEvent)
{
var v:VideoLoader;
l.removeEventListener(LoaderEvent.COMPLETE, onLoadComplete);
v = l.getLoader("video") as VideoLoader;
addChild(v.rawContent);
}

I don't see any problem when using the "content". Worked perfectly for me. Why are you trying to use the "rawContent"? (just curious).

It does seem like there might be a bug in Flash that causes odd behavior if you reparent the Video object after the NetStream has begun playing. I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with VideoLoader or LoaderMax. My recommendation would definitely be to leave it in the ContentDisplay object - LoaderMax protects you from a LOT of bugs and hassles in Flash. :)

Hey

Good I see, I'm sure about the bugs, it's annoying!

I'm using the rawContent because before start this project, I had already a interface with a Video type to use in playback, but I not see problem to use content too, I even prefer, because the Sprite is more powerful than the Video object.

Thanks.