Search Community

Guide for MotionPath

alflasy test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I am back here looking for some info about how to move movieclip on a path. I looked at the motionPath plugin but can't make the simple example given in documentation work.

Do I need to create some object library to get this code work. I tried but still failed.

import com.greensock.*;
import com.greensock.plugins.*;
import com.greensock.motionPaths.*;
TweenPlugin.activate([Circle2DPlugin]); //only needed once in your swf, and only if you plan to use the circle2D tweening feature for convenience

//create a circle motion path at coordinates x:150, y:150 with a radius of 100
var circle:Circle2D = new Circle2D(150, 150, 100);

//tween mc along the path from the bottom (90 degrees) to 315 degrees in the counter-clockwise direction and make an extra revolution
TweenLite.to(mc, 3, {circle2D:{path:circle, startAngle:90, endAngle:315, direction:Direction.COUNTER_CLOCKWISE, extraRevolutions:1}});

//tween the circle's rotation, scaleX, scaleY, x, and y properties:
TweenLite.to(circle, 3, {rotation:180, scaleX:0.5, scaleY:2, x:250, y:200});

//show the path visually by adding it to the display list (optional)
this.addChild(circle);

//--- Instead of using the plugin, you could manually manage followers and tween their "progress" property...

//make the MovieClip "mc2" follow the circle and start at a position of 90 degrees (this returns a PathFollower instance)
var follower:PathFollower = circle.addFollower(mc2, circle.angleToProgress(90));

//tween the follower clockwise along the path to 315 degrees
TweenLite.to(follower, 2, {progress:circle.followerTween(follower, 315, Direction.CLOCKWISE)});

//tween the follower counter-clockwise to 200 degrees and add an extra revolution
TweenLite.to(follower, 2, {progress:circle.followerTween(follower, 200, Direction.COUNTER_CLOCKWISE, 1)});

Help appreciated.

what page did you get that code from?

i just copied this from : http://www.greensock.com/as/docs/tween/ ... ath2D.html

import com.greensock.*;
import com.greensock.plugins.*;
import com.greensock.motionPaths.*;
TweenPlugin.activate([CirclePath2DPlugin]); //only needed once in your swf, and only if you plan to use the CirclePath2D tweening feature for convenience

//create a circle motion path at coordinates x:150, y:150 with a radius of 100
var circle:CirclePath2D = new CirclePath2D(150, 150, 100);

//tween mc along the path from the bottom (90 degrees) to 315 degrees in the counter-clockwise direction and make an extra revolution
TweenLite.to(mc, 3, {circlePath2D:{path:circle, startAngle:90, endAngle:315, direction:Direction.COUNTER_CLOCKWISE, extraRevolutions:1}});

//tween the circle's rotation, scaleX, scaleY, x, and y properties:
TweenLite.to(circle, 3, {rotation:180, scaleX:0.5, scaleY:2, x:250, y:200});

//show the path visually by adding it to the display list (optional)
this.addChild(circle);

//--- Instead of using the plugin, you could manually manage followers and tween their "progress" property...

//make the MovieClip "mc2" follow the circle and start at a position of 90 degrees (this returns a PathFollower instance)
var follower:PathFollower = circle.addFollower(mc2, circle.angleToProgress(90));

//tween the follower clockwise along the path to 315 degrees
TweenLite.to(follower, 2, {progress:circle.followerTween(follower, 315, Direction.CLOCKWISE)});

//tween the follower counter-clockwise to 200 degrees and add an extra revolution
TweenLite.to(follower, 2, {progress:circle.followerTween(follower, 200, Direction.COUNTER_CLOCKWISE, 1)});

it works fine. just make sure you have mc and mc2 on the stage.

also notice that the code after

//instead of...

is a separate example.

the one thing that jumped out at me as different is that you have

TweenPlugin.activate([Circle2DPlugin]); 

and I have

TweenPlugin.activate([CirclePath2DPlugin]); 

let us know if you get it working.