Search Community

problems with VideoLoader and crop

Eckstein1 test
Moderator Tag

I load a video with VideoLoader and it works just perfect, but if I set "crop=true" the video and it's background are flickering around. The video seems to pause and the performance of the whole animation turns bad.

The attached code shows what I'm talking about. It loads the same video twice, uses the same parameters - except crop(, width, height and onComplete).

import com.greensock.*;
import com.greensock.loading.*;
import com.greensock.events.LoaderEvent;

var video1:VideoLoader = new VideoLoader("videos/video1.flv", {name:"video1", container:this,
width:200, height:200,
bgColor:0xff0000, crop:true, hAlign:"center", scaleMode:"none", vAlign:"center"});
var video2:VideoLoader = new VideoLoader("videos/video1.flv", {name:"video2", container:this,
onComplete:videoLoaded,
bgColor:0x00ff00, crop:false, hAlign:"center", scaleMode:"none", vAlign:"center"});
video1.load(), video2.load();

function videoLoaded(e1:LoaderEvent):void {
video2.content.width=video2.content.height=200, video2.content.x=200, video2.content.y=0;
}

The "onComplete" is just used to set the second video side by side with the first using the same size.

What am I doing wrong using the parameters of the VideoLoader?

Thanks for your support and kind regards,

Uli

Thanks greensock for your immediate reply.

Yes, I'm using the latest version of LoaderMax. As a development system I'm using Flash CS5 (11.0.2.489) and it's integrated version of Flash Player 10.

The following attachment includes everything you need to generate the effect. I just did double check and I'm able to reproduce it with exactly these files:

example.zip

Thanks again for your great tool and support :D

Ah yes, thanks for putting that example together. It was quite helpful in quickly identifying the issue which is fixed now in LoaderMax version 1.871 (it was a minor change to ContentDisplay). Sorry about the hassle. Just update your GreenSock classes and you should be good to go.

Thanks again greensock for your immediate reply.

I just did check the latest version 1.871 and it works perfectly.

If I'm able to support your great work by pointing on such minor issues it's compared with what you are doing just nothing.