Search Community

hardware acceleration and video playing

holysocks test
Moderator Tag

Hi

I noticed that my latest project has some problems when playing video. When a video is playing, all my mouse inputs are 'queued'. Flash does not read and act on those inputs until the video has finished playing. For example, if I play a video and then press another button while the video is playing, the button does not get clicked until the video stops playing.

It is published as an exe (projector file). It happens on newer computers but not my 5 year old pc. I noticed that unchecking hardware acceleration (right click -> settings) fixes the problem. Also it seems to only happen when in full screen mode. I am using VideoLoader, but not sure if that's the problem. Anyone know what's going on?

That almost certainly would have nothing to do with VideoLoader. There's nothing it does to mess with mouse events or do any funky stuff like that - it just uses Adobe's NetStream (and a few other) classes and works around some of their bugs and inconsistencies. I've never personally heard of the issue you're talking about, but I'd definitely recommend looking to Adobe for some help because it sounds like an issue with Flash/AIR itself. Has anyone else run into this problem? Can anyone post a simple FLA that can be published to see the problem reproduced easily?