Search Community

New to flash - Flick-scrolling help

Metz test
Moderator Tag

Hey everyone,

I spend most of this evening trying to find out how to build in Flick-scrolling into my project for school.

I'm designing a touch-screen device, but for my presentation I'll stick with a plain flash animation and a replaced mouse-arrow in shape of a finger.

I want it to work pretty much as on an iPhone. Basically a 1:1 version of the Flick-scrolling example found on the greensock-homepage:

http://www.greensock.com/throwprops/

But I don't know how and what to import into my flash-document.

Could anyone help me with that, please?

I attached my flash-document.

I want the "Rezeptliste A-Z"-movieclip to scroll within the "Maske Liste"-Layer of the "Masken Rezepte"-movieclip

Best regards from Germany!

Hi Metz,

Flick-scrolling a long list of items as shown on the throwProps page requires very complicated calculations that take into consideration, the velocity of the flick, how far you will allow an object to be thrown and the minimum distance a of throw. ThrowProps makes it all very easy to do but it requires a Shockingly Green Club GreenSock Membership.

Are you a shockingly green club greensock member?

if yes, then someone would be able to copy some code out of the documentation and make your example work.

if you are not a member with access to the ThrowPropsPlugin, the code provided would not work for you.

Hi Carl,

thank you for the quick reply! Sadly I'm not a shockingly green club greensock member.

I would apply to a green club greensock membership for this, but since I'm new to flash and clearly don't know how to use all of the big advantages of the $99-membership, this would be too much for me being a student!

Any chance that you could help me with the scrolling, but without the fancy effects?

Or any chance of somehow getting the flick-scrolling to work in another way?

Thank you very much for your help!

if you go back to the throwProps page, you will see in the FAQ that GreenSock posted an fla that does iOS-style panel flicking that does not use ThrowProps.

You could use that file to pull out that code that detects the velocity of the mouse and perhaps just use a regular TweenLite that flicks your menu in the proper direction for a set amount of time over a set amount of distance. That's probably the best place to start.