Search Community

SlideShowExample

royiswise test
Moderator Tag

First of all wish to say thank you for the great example! been working on getting my head around all the slideshowexample.as code the last 24 hours with greatly helped by the excellent annotation!

But maybe this is just me being a little dim, however I am finding it more difficult to get my head around the Slide.as because of the lack of annotation in it. I was wondering the reason for having the functions in Slide.as outside of the main class?

Thanks

The Slide class is separate so that you can create as many instances of a Slide as you want (one for each image/video/slide). It's a fundamental benefit of OOP (object-oriented programming). Then we can give each instance its own image/video and text and call various methods on it to make it do things, etc. See what I mean?

Thanks for the reply, I understand that I was more just meaning a break down of the functions and their part in the interaction with the SlideShowExample.as class file. But I guess I will place my thinking cap on and have another look over it. Apologies for the dumb question! off to make to a coffee, maybe a long night ahead haha.