Search Community

Tween a TimelineLite ease:Back.easeOut

jeanramirez test
Moderator Tag

Hi, i'm trying to Tween a TimelineLite, like Carl Schooff shows in his tutorial in snorkl.tv, it works perfect with all ease but one, the Back.easeOut / In, here is my script if someone can tell me what i'm doing wrong...

var lateTl:TimelineLite = new TimelineLite ({paused:true});
lateTl.appendMultiple(TweenMax.allFrom(lateArray,3,{x:-600},.3));

var bounceOut:TweenLite = TweenLite.to(lateTl,5,{currentProgress:1,
								 ease:Back.easeOut});
//if i put Bounce, Elastic, or another ease it works, with Back nothing happens, it just go to currentProgress:1, like lateTl.play(); can do.

HI jean.

Back.easeOut won't work because the currentProgress value can never be any greater that 1, or if it is, there is nothing to see.

Imagine you had a flash pro timeline animation that was 30 frames long, if you told it to play frame 40 it would give you the same trouble.

A Back ease overshoots its target. In the case of tweening the currentProgress value of a timeline the max value is 1. A Back ease probably tweens to 1.2 before going back to 1.

make sense?

Glad you got something from the tutorial.

Carl

ps: just so you know, I was confused by this too when I was making the tutorial:)

Ok Carl Thanks! now i understand the reason... i'll use another ease, or i will make a custom one, Bounce and Elastic are too much movement for my application concept... thanks for your reply!

Your tutorials are super usefull, thanks for sharing your knowledge with us!

Jean