Search Community

timeline lite not working as anticipated with glow

timaging test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm doing something incorrectly here, but it appears that it should be correct. I've imported my glow filter and am trying to apply a glow at the end of this sequence like so:

var timelineNav07in:TimelineLite = new TimelineLite({repeat:0});

timelineNav07in.appendMultiple([new TweenLite(hdr_nav07,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(hdr2_nav07,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(button07,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(nav07off,   1, {tint:0xffffff, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(nav07_b07,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(nav07_b01,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(nav07_b02,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(nav07_b03,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(nav07_b04,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(nav07_b05,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(nav07_b06,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(downloadButton,  1, {autoAlpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(downloadButton, 1, {glowFilter:{color:0xffffff, alpha:1, blurX:30, blurY:30}}),
                              new TweenLite(downloadButton, 1, {glowFilter:{color:0xffffff, alpha:0, blurX:30, blurY:30}})], 0, TweenAlign.START, 0.1);

the item labeled "downloadButton" is the one in question. If I try to apply glow, it simply never goes to the alpha value of 1, BUT if I remove the glow information, it works fine:

var timelineNav07in:TimelineLite = new TimelineLite({repeat:0});

timelineNav07in.appendMultiple([new TweenLite(hdr_nav07,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(hdr2_nav07,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(button07,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(nav07off,   1, {tint:0xffffff, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(nav07_b07,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(nav07_b01,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(nav07_b02,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(nav07_b03,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(nav07_b04,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(nav07_b05,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(nav07_b06,  1, {alpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(downloadButton,  1, {autoAlpha:1, ease:Quad.easeInOut})], 0, TweenAlign.START, 0.1);

so, am I missing something "glowingly" obvious (yeah, couldn't help myself :-)

thanks!!

DAve

Hi Dave,

I think your last tween:

TweenLite(downloadButton, 1, {glowFilter:{color:0xffffff, alpha:0, blurX:30, blurY:30}})

is possibly to blame. this makes the glow invisible .1 seconds after the glow starts to come in. remove that tween and let me know if you see the glow

Hi Carl,

The issue is that I need it to pulse, or go on and off and not just set on alpha:1 in the glow, which is why that's there. I tried adding delays, so that the first "actual" alpha fade for the button would come to full opacity, then the glow would pulse on and off, but nothing seemed to work?

thanks!!

Dave

ok, so I've found a way to make this work. I just included the glow information outside of that variable, using TweenMax.to...

in addition to that, for some reason white really isn't showing up at all so I had to try a different approach with color matrix filters.

Dave