Search Community

Timeline references

farmazone test
Moderator Tag

Hello,

I have animation: one page hides, then the other shows.

I stuck on something that I don't understand:

var tl:TimelineMax=new TimelineMax();

tl.append(currentPage.animateOut())

var tc:TweenCore=nextPage.animateIn();

tc.vars={onStart:adjustScrollBar}

tl.append(tc)

When this code runs the second time over the same page - I mean the page is shown again - adjustScrollBar is not invoked. Why? I know that I can pass additional parameters to animateIn function to complete this task but I think I miss something... something with TimelineMax references.

Thanks

Tough to say without seeing the code in context. But the onStart should definitely get fired again every time the TimelineLite/Max goes from a currentTime of 0 to something greater than 0 (basically, whenever it starts).

Be very careful about this line:

tc.vars={onStart:adjustScrollBar}

because it completely overwrites the tween's/timeline's vars object which might store other significant stuff like an onComplete, etc. It would be safer to do this:

tc.vars.onStart = adjustScrollBar;

If you're still stuck, feel free to post a sample FLA that demonstrates the issue. Please keep it as simple as possible - no need to post your production file(s).

Ok during the preparation of sample working code I found what was wrong. in animatOut / animateIn function I had TimelineMax.complete() and TimelineMax.clear(). I have replaced them with new TimelineMax() and now it works as it should. I wanted to clean up unfinished tweens.

Thank you for pointing me to a solution.