Search Community

Gsap is not defined

marcow test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by mvaneijgen,

I have this error that I see in the chrome console and I don't understand the problem.
The gsap-core script and scroll trigger are installed correctly as you can see from the screenshot of the html of the page, I inserted the urls in cdn from the installation page.
Opening the js file where I have inserted the gsap code seems not to find Scrollrtrigger plugin.
I can't figure out what the problem is.

Error-Console.png

• Solution

Hi @marcow welcome to the forum!

From your screenshot I see you load your motion-gsap.js BEFORE all the GSAP scripts. It is recommended too load your own script AFTER all the dependencies you'll need. 

As a work around you can wrap your custom code in a load listener eg that way you're sure your code gets executed when everything on the page has load. 

window.addEventListener("load", (event) => {

// your code here!

});

Hope it helps and happy tweening! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mvaneijgen said:

Hi @marcow welcome to the forum!

From your screenshot I see you load your motion-gsap.js BEFORE all the GSAP scripts. It is recommended too load your own script AFTER all the dependencies you'll need. 

As a work around you can wrap your custom code in a load listener eg that way you're sure your code gets executed when everything on the page has load. 

window.addEventListener("load", (event) => {

// your code here!

});

Hope it helps and happy tweening! 

Thanks!! so it works, I moved my motion-gsap.js code underneath and everything works correctly.

• Like 1