Search Community

Elements shake when scrolling

Katarzyna test
Moderator Tag

Hi,
I have been using gsap animation for half a year, so I am quite new to this topic. I bought a course at Creative Coding Club and it is extremely helpful, but I don't have the answer to everything there. I created the section below, which can be seen on kachnalipa.com. Everything seems to work fine on computers and mobile devices with IOS, but on Android the images shake when scrolling. I don't know if it is visible on codepen but it is visible on the website  https://kachnalipa.com/  .Is there any way to deal with this shake?

See the Pen QWPYpZB by Lukaszewska (@Lukaszewska) on CodePen

Hi @Katarzyna and welcome to the GSAP Forums!

I checked on my android device on chrome and firefox and can't see anything shaking

Maybe you refer to either the Gallery text or the elements, maybe you can try to add this in your css for those elements:

.class-name {
  will-change: transform;
}

Try that and let us know how it goes.

Happy Tweening!

One other thing you could try on mobile is ScrollTrigger.normalizeScroll(true) to force the scrolling to happen on the main thread. Does that help at all? You could also use ScrollSmoother with a very small smoothTouch value. (That requires a Club GSAP membership though)