Search Community

Wrong Trigger from Mobile

AlePeace test
Moderator Tag

Hey guys, I have a little problem with this Animation, with desktop seems works smoothly, when it comes to mobile, the animation makes a little jump before it starts, both ways, on enter and on enter back, which it would be the problem??, thanks for the answer. In this project I have scroll trigger library, gsap core(obviously) and lenis smoothscroll.

See the Pen vYMQOgQ by Alessandro-Sparano (@Alessandro-Sparano) on CodePen

Does it work well for you without Lenis? That's not a GreenSock product, so we can't really support it here. 

If you're talking about the pin seeming to be a little bit tardy, that's likely because mobile browsers are particularly bad with using a separate, non-synchronized thread for scrolling which is why ScrollTrigger offers a anticipatePin option. You might want to try adding anticipatePin: 1 or some other value just to see if it helps. You could also see if it's any better with ScrollTrigger.normalizeScroll(true);

Thanks a lot, i’ll try and let you know. Well with other tests, seems that the tardy pin affect mostly the iPhone, i’ll test on Android phone, Samsung, and works well too, i don’t know, but surely i’ll try your tips and let you know, Thanks a lot again ♥️

well, I can't reproduce the real problem on codepen sadly, because there, seems works nicely, with everything though. My case after plenty of tests, is on the viewport width of 375px, the iPhone SE, idk if it is a problem due of the height, or the width of the viewport, if you can help me just to figured out, because the lack of my expertness in this situation,  because besides of this scenario, the animation works perfectly,  I noticed the problem just for the smallest viewport, in this case my iPhone 13 mini and if I put the iPhone SE in the developer tool of chrome.  For you to understand the problem, I can make a screen recording, or I can share the link of my project. Thanks anyway for the great support, for me GSAP is the start point in my projects ❤️