Search Community

horizontal scrolling section starts scrolling vertically as well when a vertical scrolling section is added below.

Rhaber21 test
Moderator Tag

So  I have made a horizontal scroll component which works fine on it's own or when the component rendered below it doesn't have a scrolltrigger (for vertical scroll) but as soon as I add a scrolling component the horizontal scroll section scrolls horizontally while moving vertically.  This https://stackblitz.com/edit/stackblitz-starters-a8fbo7?file=src%2FApp.js is the code that i have used for the horizontal scrolling. Can anyone help me to fix that component in its place while scrolling horizontally and then scroll on vertically to the next section.Also attaching a video of the behaviour.

Your demo doesn't illustrate the issue, right? It seems to be working as expected. If you're having trouble, please make a very clear minimal demo that illustrates the problem and we'd be happy to take a look. 

Here are some tips that will increase your chances of getting a relevant answer:

• A clear description of the expected result - "I am expecting the purple div to spin 360degrees"
  • A clear description of the issue -  "the purple div only spins 90deg"
  • A list of steps for someone else to recreate the issue - "Open the demo on mobile in IOS safari and scroll down to the grey container" 

7 hours ago, GSAP Helper said:

Your demo doesn't illustrate the issue, right? It seems to be working as expected. If you're having trouble, please make a very clear minimal demo that illustrates the problem and we'd be happy to take a look. 

Here are some tips that will increase your chances of getting a relevant answer:

• A clear description of the expected result - "I am expecting the purple div to spin 360degrees"
  • A clear description of the issue -  "the purple div only spins 90deg"
  • A list of steps for someone else to recreate the issue - "Open the demo on mobile in IOS safari and scroll down to the grey container" 

If u go through the link again, You'll find the issue has been recreated. Thank You for getting back in no time.

Hi,

The issue is that you're pinning an element that is not the outmost element in the DOM, you have to pin the <div> tag that wraps everything in your component:

<div>
  <section className="scroll-section-outer">
    <div ref={triggerRef}> <!-- YOU'RE PINNING THIS -->
    </div>
  </section>
</div>

If you pin the outmost element in the HTML there it works as expected:

https://stackblitz.com/edit/stackblitz-starters-hyyftg?file=src%2FApp.js

Hopefully this helps.

Happy Tweening!

• Like 1