Search Community

Hover reveal effect. Keep image inside fixed and rotate all elements.

diewaves test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Rodrigo,

Hi all!
I'm trying to create this reveal image animation on hover of each word. It almost do it but for some reason the rotation only works for the first item. I've tried so many ways. I've lost the count. Event GPT chat isn't fiding the error. 

There is another problem with the image translateX. I need to translate the inner wrapper, but the image needs to be in the same position, like it was a background. I've tried to make it with timelines, but i didn't get it.
Please, I need your wisdom!

See the Pen JjzLjzN by Diego-Diewaves (@Diego-Diewaves) on CodePen

• Solution

Hi,

I'm having some issues following your code. For example why are you adding a mouse move event to the window object for every image? That seems quite wasteful IMHO. Why not just one mousemove event for all the images or a mouse move event listener for every image wrapper, seems a better and more efficient approach TBH 🤷‍♂️

I think this thread provides a solid starting point for this effect, especially the posts and demos by @nico fonseca and @akapowl

Hopefully this helps.

Happy Tweening!

• Like 1

Wow! Thank you so much @Rodrigo. I learnt something new and finally I achieved it! It works smooth and it rotates. I've updated the code.
I was stubborn and did't realized that it could done without foreach and using the quickTo() function. 

But I have the last part left. To  keep the img in its position when I translate the parent to show the next image. Any ideas?

2 minutes ago, diewaves said:

But I have the last part left, making the image not move with respect to its container. Any ideas?

Mhhh.. can you elaborate a bit more regarding this? I'm afraid I don't really follow what you mean with that 😞

Sorry about my bad explanation. I was editing the question before your answer. 

I want to do this. When I'm hovering one of the titles, the wrapper with overflow:hidden translates 100% and shows the image behind like a mask. But I want to keep the image in its position. Not moving with the parent, as if it where a background. I want to achive this with an img element. 

The same effect occurs on the tympanus link.