Search Community

ScrollTrigger sections jumping from bottom when scrolling

Radim test
Moderator Tag

• Radim changed the title to ScrollTrigger sections jumping from bottom when scrolling

Hi @Radim and welcome to the GSAP Forums!

Are you trying to do something like this?:

See the Pen BabYJae by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

The main key was to remove the styles you have to translate the contents and use a from() instance:

https://gsap.com/docs/v3/GSAP/gsap.from()

Is always better to let GSAP handle all your transforms, especially if you plan on animating those properties.

Hopefully this helps.

Happy Tweening!

Hi @Radim

I've written a guide how to create these kinds of "stacking cards" effect, it is really detailed and it shows you how you can go about thinking of creating these kinds of effects. Instead of trying to explain it again here I will link to the post with a demo that is really close to the effect you're looking for.

If you still need help after these tips please let us know what you've tried and what is not working.  Hope it helps and happy tweening! 

See the Pen abMbwYd by mvaneijgen (@mvaneijgen) on CodePen

• Like 1

Still what have you tried with the info given? We love to help around here, but we're not here to create the effect you want for you. We're here to help you understand the tools, so that you can build what ever you like. 

The post I've shared walks you through the process of how to create these kinds of effects and the pen shared is your effect, but the animation is in reverse and there are some extra tweens, so my advise copy the pen start removing the animations you don't need and take if from there. 

When you get stuck post back here and show us what you've tried and what is not working. That way we can see your thought process and thus better help you understand the tools! Hope it helps and happy tweening! 

• Like 2