Search Community

Animations not working on iOS 17

Olie Larner test
Moderator Tag

I have just deployed a site and the GSAP animations are not working on iPhone, or the Safari using the iOS. The animations are working at smaller breakpoints on Chrome, so I can only assume the matchMedia is working as it should. 

Here is the demo CodeSandbox demo

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi @Olie Larner and welcome to the GSAP Forums!

Thanks for being a Club GSAP member and supporting GSAP!

Unfortunately your demo is extremely convoluted and has a lot of files, so is super difficult to follow and understand where this issue is being generated. Also be specific regarding what part of your animation is not working and why and try to create an isolated minimal demo that doesn't contains several files.

Finally the way you're setting things up, while it works is prone to bugs and issues IMHO since you're initializing all your animations relying in jQuery's document ready event, I think is a safer approach to use React to tell you when the DOM is ready and updated in order to initialize your animations rather than rely just on jQuery which is not connected in any way with React, which most likely could be the cause of this.

Finally we have a useGSAP hook that makes animating with GSAP a breeze in React environments:

https://gsap.com/resources/React

Happy Tweening!

• Like 1