Search Community

anticipatePin in reverse

Grene test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Quick, general question about ScrollTrigger: Does anticipatePin work the same scrolling up as it does scrolling down?

I ask because I noticed a difference when pinning large panels. Without ancitipatePin, onEnter has a small delay; however it feels relatively smooth when setting anticipatePin to 0.5. The delay seems to persists onEnterBack, though.

Video for reference: https://streamable.com/yew6qx

I'll happily provide a demo if this isn't expected behavior.

• Like 1

hi @Grene  usually it happens cuz of the browser, I get the same issue with Safari every time but usually, I use anticipatePin: 1  along with ScrollTrigger.normalizeScroll(true)  and it fixes it 

so try to add both of them and create a demo if this didn't work for you so we can test it and find a way around it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Toso said:

hi @Grene  usually it happens cuz of the browser, I get the same issue with Safari every time but usually, I use anticipatePin: 1  along with ScrollTrigger.normalizeScroll(true)  and it fixes it 

so try to add both of them and create a demo if this didn't work for you so we can test it and find a way around it 

Good tip, thank you!

6 hours ago, GreenSock said:

That's a good catch, @Grene. When checking the code, it does anticipate in the down direction, not up. That should be resolved in the next release which you can preview at https://assets.codepen.io/16327/ScrollTrigger.min.js (you may need to clear your cache). 

Better? 

Wonderful, that looks to have smoothened things up! I'll be sure to update once the next release is out. Thank you!