Search Community

Gsap Pathanimation not working in iOS

OllIO test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by OllIO,

Hi @OllIO welcome to the forum!

It also doesn't work on macOS Safari version 17. There is a lot happening in your pen, but I think your issue is with the strokeDasharray? We have a plugin called DrawSVG which fixes almost all inconsistencies between browsers and gives you a really easy way to animate a stroke from to any point. Check it out https://gsap.com/docs/v3/Plugins/DrawSVGPlugin/ This will probably fix the issues you're having.

If you want to keep your setup as is could you maybe reduce your demo to just one tween (or the minimum) that demonstrates the issue, we don't need your whole animation, just the relevant parts so that we can help you debug (if that is possible). 

• Like 1

Actually the strokeDasharray animation is the only thing working on iOS .
But all the circles are not showing up, even the non-animated. 
Perhaps the problem is not gsap but something else like working with css variables. 
I will test this and i will also cleanup the codepen!

Thanks for the help!

17 hours ago, ryan_labar said:

I'm not sure that SVG can accept CSS custom properties in non-css-editable attributes, like `r`, or, if that's part of the spec, most browser's aren't sure what to do with it yet.

Yes, that is exactly the reason. Seems you cannot use custom properties for the circle radius on Safari. So not a gsap problem 

thanks for your help guys!

• Like 1