Search Community

Horizontal Scroll Stacking Cards

Redcase Software test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Redcase Software,

Hello everyone! 
I want to create a horizontal scroll stacking cards effect. I'm kinda close to what i want. If you uncomment the css inside the "Desire final positions" section you'll see my desire final position. 
Basically I want each section to stop exactly on the previous number. Each number is 64px width. Therefore, I need to calculate the stop of the next section at 100% + 64px (Maybe. Because the pinned values that I have set I just got them by testing)
Any ideas?

See the Pen rNPEBVg by pmakos (@pmakos) on CodePen

Great! You already have the elements in the desired position! Then 50% is already done! 

Let's remove ScrollTrigger for now, it is way easier to focus on the animation at first and if we have an animation then ScrollTrigger can come in and hook it up to the scroll position.

Check it out, I've enabled your CSS and instead of a .to() animation I've used a .from() and with a simple stagger all the animations come in one by one.

See the Pen wvNLvWb?editors=0010 by mvaneijgen (@mvaneijgen) on CodePen

Personally what I would do is something more like this. If you remove all the javascript you will see that all the elements are stacked on top of each other. In the javascript you can see we have a gsap.set() which calculates the offset for each card based on their index and then the animation that's get them .from() some where in to place. Hope it helps and happy tweening! 

See the Pen OJryLqp by mvaneijgen (@mvaneijgen) on CodePen

• Like 3