Search Community

Trying to make a vertical infinite scroll

Devotee007 test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Thanks for the reply! :)

I tried it, but I get the same result after changing it to overflow:hidden. The scroll keeps on going but it doesn't repeat directly from the top, there's a long gap before the text starts over from the top. It should be on going without the gap. 

Yeah I see it...

I think the reason for this could be the way your text is setup. Honestly IDK if the Vertical Loop helper was design with this in mind, probably not.

What I'd try is to create elements with the text inside, get the width of the text element, then rotate the text element and apply that width to each container as the height. It sounds convoluted but is one option.

Another option is to give the element a width based on the height of the screen, like width: 100vh, add the text elements, create a horizontal endless loop (using the helper function of course) and then rotate that element. Since the width is equal to the height it should fit, give it an absolute or fixed position and set it to the top/left of the screen.

Hopefully this helps.

Happy Tweening!

• Thanks 1

• Solution

Yeah, that was because the helper function is built for things in the normal flow, meaning the first element is at the top and the last element is at the bottom. 

Here's a version that should accommodate you inverting that: 

See the Pen ExGJZXg?editors=0110 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Is that what you're looking for? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1