Search Community

New Greensock member error

johndunking test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Hello,

I am a new Greensock member. I was previously using gsap-trial drawSVGPulgin in my react application. When attempting to deploy the application GitHub pages, I was greeted with the message: Oops a trial version of gasp DrawSVGPlugin deployed. I registered as a green sock member, installed gsap and registered the plugin as follows. I uninstalled the trial version from my app and I am still getting the error. Here is a link: [removed] to my GitHub page code.

Additionally I am getting a blank page when I go to my website link. I am unsure of whether this is a problem with sap or my code. 

If anyone could provide me with guidance in resolving this issue it would be greatly appreciated!

Hello John.

I removed the link to your public repository for now because it looks like you uploaded the gsap-bonus.tgz in there, which - if I am not mistaken - would technically allow any user to install the bonus files without any form of authorization.

Please make sure to not make access to club-members bonus files easily available publically like that.

I'm going to forward it to the admins though, so one of them can come and try help with your issue once they find the time.

• Like 1

Hi @johndunking,

Maybe try deleting your package-lock.json file and push those changes to your repo in order to force the creation of a new one and see if that helps.

Also as Paul mentions do your best to keep your repo private, otherwise you'll be exposing the files you paid for, to everyone that visits the URL.

Please let us know how that works.

Happy Tweening!

Whoops I had no idea that I would be giving away that file! I will definitely make it private as soon as I get it running correctly. So I ran npm start -- --reset-cache and I am still getting the oops trial version error. Is there a specific way I need to clear the cache in this instance? I looked through all of my code and there is no gsap trial files left that I can see. If anyone knows how I can effectively clear the cache please let me know.

I appreciate the support! 

Thanks Jack I just rebuilt the whole project and so there is no trial error. Does anyone know why my git hub page is blank? Do I need to link my scsss and JavaScript files into the index.html. I can’t seem to figure out why it’s not loading the page. Any support would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

It would be good to know what type of framework you are using (React, Vue, Svelte, etc.) in order to get a better grasp of the situation. I assume that in development mode on your local machine everything is working OK. Have you tried creating a production build of your app and test it on your local machine? Also what bundling system are you using, Webpack, Vite, other?

Finally, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Github pages don't work in the way providers like Netlify, Vercel, etc. do, meaning that when you create a new push to the repo, the app is not build and created, but that is something you have to do on your own. Honestly I haven't used GH pages a lot so I couldn't really tell, since the few times I've done it I created the gh-pages branch and push the files to make everything work by hand and not using some sort of package or CI/CD pipeline.

Happy Tweening!

2 hours ago, Rodrigo said:

Hi,

It would be good to know what type of framework you are using (React, Vue, Svelte, etc.) in order to get a better grasp of the situation. I assume that in development mode on your local machine everything is working OK. Have you tried creating a production build of your app and test it on your local machine? Also what bundling system are you using, Webpack, Vite, other?

Finally, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Github pages don't work in the way providers like Netlify, Vercel, etc. do, meaning that when you create a new push to the repo, the app is not build and created, but that is something you have to do on your own. Honestly I haven't used GH pages a lot so I couldn't really tell, since the few times I've done it I created the gh-pages branch and push the files to make everything work by hand and not using some sort of package or CI/CD pipeline.

Happy Tweening!

Thank you for the support I was able to fix by changing my BrowserRouter to HashRouter.