Search Community

Interested if folks are still designing ads for google ad network

cwiens test
Moderator Tag

Although I am using Greensock in other ways, almost 100% of my ad requests are RDA and video these days. They have a much higher CTR.  I miss making HTML5 GDN ads, telling little stories in a few seconds, maybe it is just the companies I have been working for? Curious if you'all have been experiencing the same. 

I specialized in building animated display ads for many years. That work started drying up for me around 2017. Since then, I have found it easier to find animation projects that aren't banners. I think ad dollars are going to social and search rather than display advertising. I don't see many banner ads any more -- maybe because my browsers have ad blockers on?  I'm curious too. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, geedix said:

I specialized in building animated display ads for many years. That work started drying up for me around 2017. Since then, I have found it easier to find animation projects that aren't banners. I think ad dollars are going to social and search rather than display advertising. I don't see many banner ads any more -- maybe because my browsers have ad blockers on?  I'm curious too. 

That is a big factor too, those ad spaces, right and left columns on sites have become blind spots. They have been around for decades now and folks know to ignore them. RDA's although often less attractive appear in unexpected places. Social is video if you want motion so that is huge factor too. 

4 hours ago, emmanuelulloa said:

What is the new "banner industry" in which animation (and GSAP) is being requested more by customers?
Scrollable sites?
Explainers?
Something new I've never heard of before?
I'm asking to know in order to know where can I invest my learning time.

Maybe page takeovers? Not sure. 

• 3 months later...