Search Community

Is GSAP good for beginners ?

Divyansh gupta test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by mvaneijgen,

Hey guys!!

I am currently learning web annimations and have gone thorugh the basic guide of gsap but now I am not able to move forward and finding it hard can anyone suggest a good list of beginner friendly examples which I can re create or any other resource which could upskill me in this domain.

Should I continue with gsap or try framer motion?

• Solution

Hi @Divyansh gupta welcome to the forum! 

Have you seen the Greensock Youtube channel? https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenSockLearning/videos and our own @Carl also has some great video's on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/snorklTV/videos.

You can also just type in GSAP on codepen 

See the Pen by search (@search) on CodePen

and pick something you that looks cool and try to recreate it. Hope it helps and happy tweening! 

• Like 4

I think it's important to know how you define "beginner" you are going to need reasonable HTML and CSS skills to create anything you may want to use commercially, plus you are going to have to have a basic (and I mean very basic) understanding of Javascript conventions.

I would consider myself pretty bad at the javascript side, I can work out what's happening and even write a little bit, and thanks to lurking here I have incorporated some GSAP into some sites with client feedback that seems to assume I am some sort of genius. 🙃

My advice is to dive in and mess it up as I have done many times, this forum is one of the friendliest tech forums around (and a rarity for it) so help is always at hand.

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

Yes, it is amazing for beginners. Just sit through and run through the documentation once, and you'll be rather proud of yourself after you understand just how simple it all really is! Tweens and Timelines might look quite overwhelming at the beginning (for a "beginner"). But like all things, when you just pull through a little bit, it really pays off.

• Like 1