Search Community

Is there any way to purchase SmoothScroller?

darkus test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Rodrigo,

So im in love with GSAP right now.  Game changer.

I've seen some demos for SmoothScroller and it seems to take things to yet another level.  I really want to use it for my site.  My problem is that I have an allergy to subscriptions of any kind :)   I'm not at all against paying for hard work when its deserved (its much so in this case), but Id rather just pay once and not have to worry about yet another subscription floating around.

So is there any way I could purchase it as a one time purchase? It would not go into any kind of commercial product dealing with websites or anything like that.  It will be for a website used for an office, but only for that single website and not redistributed

Thanks!

• Like 1

• Solution

Hi,

We don't have single products purchase, sorry. What you can do is buy the Shockingly Green subscription and not select to auto-renew your subscription and it will expire one year after your purchase. During that year you get access to all the bonus tools and it's updates. After that you'll be able to keep using the files you downloaded as we don't include any phone-home scripts in our tools, so your site will keep working as long as you have the files there. You just won't get access to the latest updates of the bonus stuff.

Hopefully this clear things up. Let us know if you have any doubts.

Happy Tweening!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodrigo said:

Hi,

We don't have single products purchase, sorry. What you can do is buy the Shockingly Green subscription and not select to auto-renew your subscription and it will expire one year after your purchase. During that year you get access to all the bonus tools and it's updates. After that you'll be able to keep using the files you downloaded as we don't include any phone-home scripts in our tools, so your site will keep working as long as you have the files there. You just won't get access to the latest updates of the bonus stuff.

Hopefully this clear things up. Let us know if you have any doubts.

Happy Tweening!

Oh yes, that would work and would be great!

Secondary question: Looking at some other threads, it looked like I have to install some kind of key file on the server itself, is that true?  I don't unfortunately have access to the server to do any kind of installation like that.  All I can do is upload JS/html/php files

Thanks!

3 hours ago, darkus said:

Secondary question: Looking at some other threads, it looked like I have to install some kind of key file on the server itself, is that true?  I don't unfortunately have access to the server to do any kind of installation like that.  All I can do is upload JS/html/php files

Oh, you don't need to install any key file or anything like that on the server - when you sign up for Club GreenSock, your download zip contains the bonus files which you can drop onto your server or your build tool or whatever - they're just regular JavaScript files, nothing fancy. Some people prefer to use NPM in their build process (but that's definitely not necessary) and therefore we offer a private NPM repository which does require a unique token to access. And there's also a .tgz file in the download zip that you can simply drop into your project directory and "npm install ./gsap-bonus.tgz" and BOOM, it installs like a normal NPM package. 

So there are 3 different ways you can get access to the bonus files (download zip, private repo, or NPM install the TGZ file from the download). Use whichever way fits best in your workflow. See https://greensock.com/install for all the details. 

Enjoy!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GreenSock said:

Oh, you don't need to install any key file or anything like that on the server - when you sign up for Club GreenSock, your download zip contains the bonus files which you can drop onto your server or your build tool or whatever - they're just regular JavaScript files, nothing fancy. Some people prefer to use NPM in their build process (but that's definitely not necessary) and therefore we offer a private NPM repository which does require a unique token to access. And there's also a .tgz file in the download zip that you can simply drop into your project directory and "npm install ./gsap-bonus.tgz" and BOOM, it installs like a normal NPM package. 

So there are 3 different ways you can get access to the bonus files (download zip, private repo, or NPM install the TGZ file from the download). Use whichever way fits best in your workflow. See https://greensock.com/install for all the details. 

Enjoy!

Out-freaking-standing.  Thanks again!  

• Like 3