Search Community

pinning text on scroll horizontal

Nora test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Rodrigo,

• Solution

Hi,

Pinning is a very complex situation and it normally works for vertical scenarios. In this case also you have a fixed position inside a transformed element and that doesn't work in the normal way fixed elements do:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15194313/transform3d-not-working-with-position-fixed-children

The one option I can think of is to put the element you want pinned in an absolute positioned container and then animate that one as you animate the horizontal elements, in the oposite direction. Using xPercent should make this super simple. Here is a fork of your codepen showing that approach:

See the Pen poxrWJW by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

I'm pretty sure that there could be more approaches to accomplish this, but this is the one I can think of right of the bat.

Hopefully this helps.

Happy Tweening!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi @webenaco_Dev you could do this multiple ways. 

The route I would go is having two layers on top of each other (with the two different colors) and then animating the CSS clip-path of the top most element. I really like the following tool to create my clip-paths  https://bennettfeely.com/clippy/ and keep in mind if you want to animate between two complex strings in GSAP the strings must have the same value (eg give all numbers a % sign even if it is not needed by the browser). 

If you still have trouble be sure to post a minimal demo with what you've treid, that way we can see your thought process and thus better help you understand the tools!

I also recommend creating a new topic and reference this one if you think it is relevant. Hope it helps and happy tweening! 

• Like 2