Search Community

Failing loading SWFS

swiftmend test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

i'm having some serious issues trying to load in SWFS, all my loaded SWFs are failing:

This is a ntive app, therefore the app has immediate access to the SWF - no needing to download it. Basically it's an App launcher, so I hit something in my host swf and it opens the external swf over the host

This is my LoaderMax code which is getting all types of issues around being unable to find sounds, access the stage in the app, etc I've tried it on about 15 SWFs, it loads some of the graphics in some but then fails to execute code, others it just has errors and loads nothing:

var AppLaunchQueue:LoaderMax=new LoaderMax({name: "AppLaunchQueue"});

AppLaunchQueue.append(new SWFLoader("Assets/Apps/" + AppToOpen + ".swf", {name: AppsToOpen + "_SWF", container: SwfHolder, onInit: initHandler}));
		AppLaunchQueue.load(true);

I've been able to load these SWFs before from a very basic fla using the built in AS3 Loader class, is there some reason why that would work over yours? It looks almost like it's unable to see the classes / timeline in the external swfs and is trying to reference the parent swfs...

It's tough to diagnose with general comments like "serious issues", "unable to find sounds and access the stage", etc. - any chance you could post a super simple example that we could publish on our end to see the problem? Maybe post a working version (with the standard loader) and the identical thing using LoaderMax?

Two differences I notice:

1) Your URLs are different in the LoaderMax example vs. the standard Loader.

2) By default, LoaderMax uses a LoaderContext that grants greater security permissions (loading it into the SecurityDomain.currentDomain) whereas the standard Loader forces subloads from other domains into their own SecurityDomain. You could, of course, define whatever LoaderContext you want in LoaderMax using the "context" special property, like context:new LoaderContext(false, new ApplicationDomain(ApplicationDomain.currentDomain))