Search Community

Saving drawings as xml

ilyasaktas test
Moderator Tag

47 minutes ago, mvaneijgen said:

Hi @ilyasaktas welcome to the forum!

What drawings are you talking about? GSAP isn't a drawing tool by nature, so I can't see how this is a GSAP related question. 

https://karekokvideocozum.com this site has used gsap, I am building a site similar to this, I do not want to save the screen recording video as mp4 because it takes up a lot of space, I want to save the drawings and the sound recording separately. Can gsap help me with this?

I don't see GSAP loaded on this site. I see if you keep clicking you get to some video that explains something, but this is a video. GSAP from it self can't really draw anything, you give it a path (in SVG) and than have it animate that SVG drawing, but you need to somehow give it that drawing (either by creating it in a vector program or coding the shapes by hand) 

I have the feeling your are looking for something that convert a video to a GSAP animation, this isn't something that is possible. You'll have to manually convert the video to a GSAP animation. 

Hi,

The site you point to uses canvas for the drawing. You can definitely use canvas and animate the drawing effect with GSAP. Also you can use the DrawSVG Plugin:

You can try the DrawSVG Plugin as well as the rest of the Club GreenSock bonus plugins and tools in this codepen:

See the Pen aYYOdN by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Happy Tweening!