Search Community

[MotionPath] Rounded Angles Rectangle Path and other Qs

Miroku_87 test
Moderator Tag

Hello everyone,

I've got three question on MotionPaths:

1st - is there a way to have a Rounded Angles Rectangle Path?

2nd - can I use it in an Away3D scene? I don't really need it to be three dimensional cause I want it to stay for all the running time on the XZ plane.

3rd - is there a way to orientate the moving object to the path?

Thank you in advance =)

1st - is there a way to have a Rounded Angles Rectangle Path?

No.

2nd - can I use it in an Away3D scene? I don't really need it to be three dimensional cause I want it to stay for all the running time on the XZ plane.

I have no idea - never used Away3D but I doubt it would cause any conflicts especially if you don't need 3D. I guess I'd advise you to give it a try.

3rd - is there a way to orientate the moving object to the path?

Sure. That's what the autoRotate parameter/property is for in the PathFollower class. Just set it to true.

No.

Argh, absolutely no way?

If there would be a way to create CurvePath2Ds to merge with LinePath2Ds I could draw the rectangle my self.

Or a way to extend RectanglePath2D? =\

I have no idea - never used Away3D but I doubt it would cause any conflicts especially if you don't need 3D. I guess I'd advise you to give it a try.

It's not very different from Papervision3D... anyway I will try!

Sure. That's what the autoRotate parameter/property is for in the PathFollower class. Just set it to true.

Oh that's perfect!

Thank you =)

Argh, absolutely no way?

If there would be a way to create CurvePath2Ds to merge with LinePath2Ds I could draw the rectangle my self.

Or a way to extend RectanglePath2D? =\

No no, I didn't mean it's absolutely impossible to accomplish anything like that in ActionScript. I just meant that the current implementation of RectanglePath2D doesn't have a feature like that and it's not a super simple addition either. Feel free to add it if you want (and let me know if you do please). :)