Search Community

TimelineMax: same code, different results.

goliatone test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I developed a test class to experiment how to control different TimelineMax instances with sliders. Test class works as expected.

Then, in the scenario where I use the code the TimelineMax instances start delayed.

In this implementation i didn't change anything other than from where i get the actual symbol definitions ( from a preloader instead of having the classes inside the same test class )

So, in the test class if I call _createTimeline( holder, 1,5, false ) the tweens execute inmediatly.

But in the implementation they have a delay...what could be the cause of that?!

Code:

//This is how i set up different TimelineMax instances, and then relate them to a particular slider instance.
private function _createTimeline( holder:DisplayObjectContainer, symbolId:int, totalSymbols:int, paused:Boolean = true ):void {

var clip:MovieClip, symbol:SymbolProxy;

var tm:TimelineMax = new TimelineMax( { paused:paused } );	

var colors:Array = ColorUtils.instance.getRandomPalateOf( _colors[symbolId], 5, 0.4, 1.4);

var alpha:Number, scale:Number, tint:Number;	

for ( var i:int = 0; i < totalSymbols; i++) {
	//create movieclip instance.
	clip = new _symbols[ symbolId ]();

//wrap it inside a proxy class that handles effects on tweening properties.
	symbol = new SymbolProxy( clip, holder );

//random initial positions.
	symbol.initX = clip.x = MathUtils.instance.randomRangeNum( 0, (0 + holder.width - clip.getBounds(clip).width) / 2 );
	symbol.initY = clip.y = MathUtils.instance.randomRangeNum( 0 + clip.height, 0 + holder.height - clip.getBounds(clip).height );

//random final positions.
	symbol.endX = MathUtils.instance.randomRangeNum( (0 + holder.width - clip.getBounds(clip).width) / 2, 0 + holder.width - clip.getBounds(clip).width );
	symbol.endY = MathUtils.instance.randomRangeNum( 0 + clip.getBounds(clip).height, 0 + holder.height - clip.getBounds(clip).height );

holder.addChild( clip );

alpha = MathUtils.instance.randomRangeNum( 0.7, 0.9, 2 );		
	scale = MathUtils.instance.randomRangeNum( .5, 4.3, 2);
	tint = colors[i];		

tm.addChild( new TweenMax( symbol, 2, { x:symbol.endX, y:symbol.endY, alpha:alpha, rotation:360, scaleX:scale, scaleY:scale } ) );
	tm.addChild( new TweenMax( symbol.source, 2, { tint:tint } ) );
}

//store the TimelineMax instance related to a slider id. 
_timelines[ "sliders"+symbolId ] = tm; 	

}
//here, we handle the timeline current time update.
private function _handleSliders( e:Event ):void {
var sl:HSlider = e.target as HSlider;
//retrieve TimelineMax instance from slider's id
var tm:TimelineMax = _timelines[ sl.name ];		
var t:Number = ( 2 * sl.value ) / 100;	
tm.currentTime = t;					
}

What do you mean by "from a preloader"? If you are subloading a file, it would of course take some time to do that so the object(s) wouldn't be available for tweening until they load, but maybe that's not what you meant.

If you're still having trouble, please post a very simple FLA that I can publish on my end to see the issue.