Search Community

How to make this animation using 2 pins

Umid test
Moderator Tag

Hi there!

This question needs a few more details in order for people to be able to assist. I'm afraid that I don't really understand what 'this animation' is. Could you provide a bit more clarity?

I need to make this animation

Here are some tips that will increase your chance of getting a solid answer:

• A clear description of the expected result - "I am expecting the purple div to spin 360degrees"
  • A clear description of the issue -  "the purple div only spins 90deg"
  • A list of steps for someone else to recreate the issue - "Open the demo on mobile in IOS safari and scroll down to the grey container" 
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Cassie said:

Hi there!

This question needs a few more details in order for people to be able to assist. I'm afraid that I don't really understand what 'this animation' is. Could you provide a bit more clarity?

Here are some tips that will increase your chance of getting a solid answer:

• A clear description of the expected result - "I am expecting the purple div to spin 360degrees"
  • A clear description of the issue -  "the purple div only spins 90deg"
  • A list of steps for someone else to recreate the issue - "Open the demo on mobile in IOS safari and scroll down to the grey container" 

I added a video of what the animation should look like. I apologize for the poor quality, but there is a 1mb limit

Hi again, thanks for the video. That helps!

I looked into your GSAP code and there's no code written in there for those image swipes. All you're doing is pinning and controlling the video. So I'm not sure how/why it would work with locomotive unless you're including some more code somewhere instructing it to do clipped/masked swipes...

Have you got an example of what you tried using clip path? Seeing your working will help us assist you

This demo may help too?

See the Pen 6a2480c123d88dc391faba0ea5cc590f by akapowl (@akapowl) on CodePen

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 6:57 PM, Cassie said:

Hi again, thanks for the video. That helps!

I looked into your GSAP code and there's no code written in there for those image swipes. All you're doing is pinning and controlling the video. So I'm not sure how/why it would work with locomotive unless you're including some more code somewhere instructing it to do clipped/masked swipes...

Have you got an example of what you tried using clip path? Seeing your working will help us assist you

This demo may help too?

it's not working. please can you remove smoth scroll? there is no smooth scroll. first and last sections's height must be more then 200vh

48 minutes ago, Rodrigo said:

Hi @webprouser,

Please be more specific about what exactly is not working. If you don't need the smooth scrolling plugin just remove it and adjust the HTML and JS accordingly.

This seems to work without the smooth scrolling:

Happy Tweening!

Rodrigo, please help me!!! can we do this like the video? without black background and opacity please? when scrolling that text is stoping for a second. can we fix this? I really need help.

1 hour ago, Rodrigo said:

Hi @webprouser,

Please be more specific about what exactly is not working. If you don't need the smooth scrolling plugin just remove it and adjust the HTML and JS accordingly.

This seems to work without the smooth scrolling:

Happy Tweening!

please, see how the website is looking

Screenshot_24-min.png