Search Community

ContentDisplay.clone()

Doccie test
Moderator Tag

Hey,

I've noticed the behavior as described in viewtopic.php?p=14724#p14724 and was wondering, what if you'd want to use the same rawContent (mainly for an ImageLoader) in several places...?

Now, my first idea was to write a help class that just duplicates the rawContent, but then you lose the nice cropping functionalities the ContentDisplay offers, so I thought about adding a clone method to the ContentDisplay class, but since the rawContent doesn't necessarily have to be a bitmap (VideoLoader, SWFLoader), that won't work either.

So my question; is there a way to add multiple instance of the same ContentDisplay to the stage?

Not directly, no - you cannot do that with any DisplayObject. However, you could manually duplicate your Bitmap and put it into a ContentDisplay I suppose (set the ContentDisplay's rawContent to that Bitmap). It's not exactly what ContentDisplay was meant to be used for since it's supposed to have a "loader" property that points at a real loader, but who am I to tell you not to use it that way? :)