Search Community

paths to container

Yes! test
Moderator Tag

When I was dynamically adding the container called 'LoaderMc' inside an MC called 'clip' (also dynamically loading) the following worked just fine. Now I am still adding the MC 'clip' dynamically, but the LoaderMc is now inside the MC 'clip' already (on the timeline) - basically my image is not loading :( boo. Not sure what to do, how to get this working. I tried the following:

queue.append( new ImageLoader(myUrl, {name:"photo1", estimatedBytes:2400, container:LoaderMc, alpha:0, width:520, height:390}) );

AND

queue.append( new ImageLoader(myUrl, {name:"photo1", estimatedBytes:2400, container:clip.LoaderMc, alpha:0, width:520, height:390}) );

Neither works. I'm not using instance names, the MC LoaderMc has the class name LoaderMc - what am I doing wrong?

the above might be confusing. Simply I have an MC inside an MC (the 2nd MC on the timeline of the first MC), I'm loading the image into the MC within the MC, and the outer MC is dynamically added to the stage with as3.

No its not the alpha, thats taken care of later in the code. As i mentioned this was working fine until I stuck 'LoaderMc' on the timeline of 'clip' - but I really need it like that, so that I can make sure the image loads at the lowest level of the clip MC.

Here's the file: REMOVED Thanks for your willingness to take a look!

That FLA doesn't compile and has a lot of extra code in it. Please post a simple FLA that demonstrates the issue and can be compiled without errors that are unrelated to the issue at hand. Your code was looking for a "myImg" flashvars variable that obviously didn't exist. You also used "LoaderMc" as the container but there was no such object (maybe that was the original problem?).

Also, please do not include the GreenSock classes in your zip - you had plugins and classes in there that are for Club GreenSock members only, so if you post that link here, it gives everyone access to those :(

Anyway, I'd be happy to take a look at an FLA file that can be compiled cleanly.

Hey my apologies, for the complicated fla, and also for not thinking about the issues surrounding uploading the GreenSock classes.

I stripped out all the other stuff, here is the fla http://deepplanet.com/test.zip LoaderMc is actually inside the 'clip' MC - Basically I am trying to load this image on the bottom stack of an MC - hence I've put the MC 'LoaderMc' inside the 'clip' MC, and that is what needs to be the container for the image for the rest of the application to function correctly.

thanks so much for your willingness to take a look!