Search Community

Unload a single SWFLoader item by click

henrye4 test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I'm using LoaderMax to dinamically load a lot of swfs for an educational project. The swfs are questions for the creation of school test.

I would be able to clic on a single swf and activate a switch with another or delete it, so the teacher can choose the appropriate question and create a personalized test for each student.

Can I activate a MouseEvent for loaded items by the queue?

I'm having a hard time understanding your question.

If you set a width and height for your SWFLoader initially, it will create a ContentDisplay object right away that is at that size, so you can add listeners to it immediately.

var loader:SWFLoader = new SWFLoader("child.swf", {width:200, height:100, container:this});
loader.content.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, clickHandler);
loader.load();

function clickHandler(event:MouseEvent):void {
   trace("clicked ContentDisplay linked to the loader: "+event.target.loader);
}

Does that help?

I appreciate your quickly answer, but the example is applicable only if you load a single swf (I think).

I load an array like this:

queue.append( new SWFLoader("swf/d"+questionlist[i]+".swf", {name:"question", estimatedBytes:126000, container:m, x:0, y:ynext, visible:true, autoPlay:false, requirewithroot:this.root}) );
ynext = ynext + h + 10;
queue.append( new SWFLoader("row1.swf", {name:"row1", estimatedBytes:1000, container:m, x:0, y:ynext, visible:true, autoPlay:false, requirewithroot:this.root}) );
ynext = ynext + 10;
queue.append( new SWFLoader("swf/r"+questionlist[i]+".swf", {name:"answer", estimatedBytes:126000, container:m, x:0, y:ynext, visible:true, autoPlay:false, requirewithroot:this.root}) );
ynext = ynext + hr + 10;
queue.append( new SWFLoader("swf/row2.swf", {name:"row-final", estimatedBytes:126000, container:m, x:0, y:ynext, visible:true, autoPlay:false, requirewithroot:this.root}) );

The "h" and "hr" are attributes on my XML to set the question and answer's heights.

The variable "ynext" is initially set to zero, and I add sequentially a question, a separation row, the answer, and a final row that separates one question to another.

I want activate a MouseEvent only on the "question" loader.

Sorry for my poor English.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I have a huge loadermax with several SWFLoaders.

Now we have serious problems with mouseevent.CLICK Events on the child swfs.

I tried everything. but mouse clicks on a button inside the child are never fired.

Could it be that when the playhead is at the end of the slide and we put stop(); on the last frame, all events are blocked?

No, LoaderMax wouldn't block anything like that. It sounds like maybe you either have a security problem or maybe you set mouseEnabled to false on one of the DisplayObjectContainers or there's something transparent over the top of it that is obstructing/intercepting the clicks. Tough to say without seeing your files, but those are some guesses.