Search Community

is this possible

Koschi test
Moderator Tag

hi,

i was browsing this page/project the whole day and i can just say that it this is amazing.

Now 1 question that appears for me is the following.

Is it possible to tween an movie clip in an special way. I don't really have an endpoint for it. Just an direction in degrees and the speed it should move.

Now i want the movie clip to move from its starting point to the direction in the defined speed for an set amount of time like 5 seconds. Afterwards it

should launch an event if it does not hit another movie clip.

Don´t worry about the hit test thing, i was just wondering if that moving is possible with your/this engine?

thanks for answers.

with kind regards

Sure, that's exactly what the physics2D plugin is for. See an interactive example in the Plugin Explorer - the example actually shows a bunch of balls being spewed upwards at random velocities and angles and then it applies a gravity force to them. It's a rather interesting effect but you don't have to do all the fancy stuff. You could simply do:

TweenLite.to(mc, 5, {physics2D:{angle:0, velocity:10}});

The Physics2DPlugin is a membership benefit of Club GreenSock ("Really Green" and above), so it's not in the public downloads.

If you only want a simple velocity effect, you could also just do the math yourself and not use physics2D:

var velocity:Number = 10;
var duration:Number = 5;
var destinationX:Number = mc.x + velocity * duration;
TweenLite.to(mc, duration, {x:destinationX, ease:Linear.easeNone});